Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Frickin' Leon Russell, man!!! Wow!

If you're an old fart like me, you remember Leon Russell - studio musician extraordinaire - busting onto the scene with a killer set during the Concert For Bangladesh back in... wow, when was that? 1971 I think. (I mention it in the review with the correct date, I'm just winging it as I write this blog entry).

He's had a loyal following ever since.

Leon's another one that maybe showing his age around the gills a little bit, but if you like swamp-water boogie-woogie then Leon's still your man. He wasn't just "good" on the keyboard, he was "powerful" as he pounded out the licks, runs, and numbers that he's made famous (or that he's written or played on for hundreds of other famous musicians). 

And his trademark voice was strong and awesome! I still can't believe I got to see this amazing performer!

Was I excited by this concert?!?! Duh! Can you tell?!?

See a few more photos I took and my review of the event at my posting at the Colorado Springs Gazette Soundboard blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment